Episode 024 – Fully Present (Put Down the Cell Phone)
Key Passage(s): Exodus 24:12
How often are we “there,” but not really “there?” How often are we distracted and not fully present in the moments we find ourselves in? What does that do to us, and particularly to those who become collateral damage in our inability to be present? This is what this teaching addresses as we look at a fascinating passage in Exodus 24 and seek to apply it to the various aspects of our lives, especially in our addiction (err, usage) of our cell phones.
- What’s your biggest takeaway from the teaching?
- When was the last time someone called you out on not being present? What were the implications?
- In what circumstances are you most likely not to be fully present? What do you need to do to change that?
- On a scale of 1 (no problem) to 10 (big problem), how would you rate your relationship with your cell phone?
- Do you have rules (or need rules) to keep a healthy relationship with technology?
- How would life look differently for you if you were able to be present in every situation?
- How will you begin implementing your desired changes over this next week?
For Further Study
Disclosure of Material Connection. Some of the links above are affiliate links (meaning if you purchase them through the provided link, Walking The Text receives a small commission at no extra charge to you). That being said I only promote things which I thoroughly believe my audience will benefit from and that I use myself. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, part 255: “guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”