Episode 025 – Zacchaeus Pt 1: Climb a Tree
Key Passage(s): Luke 19:1-4
We’re kicking off a series on Zacchaeus from Luke 19 where over the course of several weeks, we’re going to look at this story from a number of different angles. In this particular teaching, we look at Zacchaeus’ desire to change and what he had to overcome in order to have an encounter with Jesus. It’s going to be quite a ride as this electric story is about so much more than just a wee little man.
- What’s your biggest takeaway from the teaching?
- How have you traditionally understood the Zacchaeus story?
- Where do you long to have change in your life? Is it something you desire to become better at? Is it something that needs to go from your life?
- What’s keeping you from pursuing this change? Shame? Fear? Not knowing where to begin?
- Like Zacchaeus, how can you put yourself in a position to encounter the desired change – i.e. What tree do you need to climb?
- How will you begin walking this out over this next week?
For Further Study