Episode 120 – Rabbis and Disciples Pt 4: Walking On Water
Key Passage(s): Matthew 14:22-31
Jesus walking on water is one of the best-known stories in the entire Bible. But we often miss the point because we fail to see the discipleship component at play. When we see it, we learn that the story has less to do with Jesus walking on water and more to do with Peter’s actions and Jesus’s response. But the story isn’t just about Peter. It’s about you and me, and all of the ways we doubt ourselves. By the end of this episode, you’ll have deeper confidence because you’ll know God is with you. You’ll be more willing to face your fears and take holy risks because you know God believes in you. And you’ll grow in your trust that God won’t call you to something and then fail to equip you for it.
- What was your biggest takeaway from the teaching?
- What goes through your mind when you hear that God believes in you more than you believe in yourself?
- What are one or two ways God has met you in the place of your deepest fear in your life?
- Who is a person that really believed in you, and how did their belief in you make a huge difference in your life?
- Where are you doubting yourself right now?
- In what way(s), is God inviting you to get out of the boat?
- How will you begin living out the truths of this teaching this week?
For Further Study