Episode 032 – A Life Worth Mimicking
Key Passage(s): 1 Corinthians 11:1
In 1 Corinthians 11:1, Paul encourages his audience to mimic his life because he’s mimicking the life of Jesus. In essence, Paul says if you’re struggling to imitate Jesus, just do what I do. It’s a gutsy statement to make. The question is, “Could we say the same?” That’s what this teaching addresses as we look at the mimicking reality of life and why what we do matters so much.
- What’s your biggest takeaway from the teaching?
- Who has had a positive influence on your life that you tend to mimic? What do you appreciate most about what them?
- Where have you seen people mimic you?
- Is your life worth mimicking?
- If someone followed you around for a month, what would you be most proud of (in a good way) and what would concern you if they mimicked what you do?
- What tangible changes do you desire to make?
- How will you begin implementing those changes this week?
For Further Study