Episode 026 – Zacchaeus Pt 2: A Holistic Response
Key Passage(s): Luke 19:5-10
Following his encounter with Jesus, Zacchaeus’ response is utterly remarkable. He pledges to give half of his possessions to the poor and provide a fourfold restitution to those he’s wronged. He understands what a holistic response looks like, and offers an incredible pattern for us to follow in our lives as well.
- What’s your biggest takeaway from the teaching?
- What surprised you most about Zacchaeus’ response?
- What connections are you making within the Zacchaeus story, or in relationship to other stories in the gospels or in the Bible at large?
- In the holistic approach of repentance, reconciliation, and impact, which one do you do the best? Which one do you need to improve?
- In his forthcoming actions, Zacchaeus was going to have the opportunity to share his story of how Jesus changed him. In what ways has Jesus impacted you, and what opportunities do you have to share that story?
- How will you begin walking out the truths of this teaching over this next week?
For Further Study