Episode 016 – Seizing Tassels
Key Passage(s): Luke 8:40-48
In Luke 8, a woman grabs the corner of Jesus’ garment and is instantly healed. It’s a bizarre story, until you understand the stunning connections she’s making, and why she does what she does. But even more stunning is Jesus’ tender response, and the implications of his invitation for us to come to him for help and healing despite our uncleanness, hesitations, fears, and messes.
- What’s your biggest takeaway from the teaching?
- How are you learning to read the Bible differently based on stories like these?
- What struck you most about Jesus’ actions and responses in this story?
- Where do you identify with this woman in your life (pain, fear, ostracized, courage, hope, healing)?
- Where do you need to “seize the tassels of Jesus?”
- What’s one step you can take in living out this truth this week?
For Further Study