Episode 015 – Loving God By Loving Others
Key Passage(s): Matthew 22:34-40
Many of us know Jesus’ statement about loving God and loving others in Matthew 22. But I’m guessing most of us don’t know the Gezerah Shavah behind it that makes it even more fascinating, revolutionary, and challenging than we thought. This is what this teaching tackles as we seek to understand what it more fully means to love God by loving others.
- What’s your biggest takeaway from the teaching?
- If you struggle with loving people well, why do you think that is?
- Who are the people who have taught you the most about loving people well? What do they do that’s so compelling? Have you replicated that in your own life?
- How can you be more intentional and/or creative in loving others well?
- What’s one step you can take in living out this truth this week?
Disclosure of Material Connection. Some of the links above are affiliate links (meaning if you purchase them through the provided link, Walking The Text receives a small commission at no extra charge to you). That being said I only promote things which I thoroughly believe my audience will benefit from and that I use myself. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, part 255: “guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”