Episode 047 – Genealogy Christmas Pt 4: Son of God
Key Passage(s): Matthew 1:18-25
It’s Christmas Eve! Which means it’s the perfect time to conclude our Genealogy Christmas by looking at Jesus being the Son of God, and how Matthew is helping us understand the magnitude of his identity and calling by using the names “Jesus” and “Immanuel.” As we explore these names, we’ll be reminded of why we celebrate Christmas and are able to have the hope that we have. God became man, and our lives will never be the same because of it. May you be overwhelmed with joy as you’re reminded of the significance of the coming of Jesus, who is Immanuel!
- What was your biggest takeaway from the teaching?
- At the beginning of this series, what did you identify you were specifically waiting or longing for this Christmas season? Did God meet you in the way you had desired?
- In what ways might God be showing up in your life right now that is different than you expected or that you’ve haven’t been noticing? Do you find it hard to trust God when circumstances don’t resolve how you hoped?
- It was shared in this episode that “God’s presence isn’t contingent upon our expectation, God’s presence is revealed in our awareness.” Does your life currently reflect an awareness of God walking with you in the midst of the highs and lows of this life?
- How will you begin to grow in your awareness that God is always with you this week?
For Further Study