Episode 046 – Genealogy Christmas Pt 3: Son of Joseph
Key Passage(s): Matthew 1:18-25
Have you ever wondered why Matthew tells us that “Mary was pledged to be married to Joseph” and then in the very next verse he tells us that Joseph was planning to “divorce her quietly?” How does that work?
And was Joseph being insensitive or was he demonstrating the noblest of character? I’ll give you a hint – it’s the latter, and the context here is riveting. What’s more, we find that Joseph (and Mary) modeled a righteousness that shaped Jesus as he grew up, and it’s a righteousness that’s intended to shape us as well.
- What was your biggest takeaway from the teaching?
- What is God asking of you this Christmas season? Where is He leading?
- What is the cost of obedience to God in your life right now? Are you willing to sacrifice this in order to follow Jesus?
- Are you making decisions, big or small, based on personal gain or comfort over obedience to God?
- Are there relationships, attitudes, jobs, or anything else hindering your obedience to Jesus? How will you make changes in response to this knowledge?
- How will you begin to walk in obedience to what God is calling you this week?
For Further Study