Episode 008 – Dying To Expectation
Key Passage(s): Matthew 16:21-23
One of the most challenging aspects of faith is unmet expectations – that gap between what we thought/hoped God would do and what actually occurred. So how do we deal with those moments? That’s what this teaching addresses as we explore the bizarre exchange between Jesus and Peter at Caesarea Philippi.
- What’s your biggest takeaway from the teaching?
- Where do you feel like God has let you down or is currently letting you down?
- What expectations are you holding onto tightly?
- Why are you holding onto them so tightly?
- How is this affecting you?
- What’s one step you can take in dying to those expectations this week?
For Further Study
- Dying To Expectation – this is the full sermon I did on this passage from Matthew 16, including laying out the context for why Jesus has this seminal conversation with his disciples at Caesarea Philippi.