Episode 005 – God’s Instructions For Freedom
We all crave freedom. But what happens when the freedom we crave isn’t freedom at all, but slavery? What happens when we mistake the freedom that God desires to give us with a bunch of rules and regulations that suck the soul out of life? This is what this teaching addresses because until we understand what God’s Word was designed to do in our lives, we’ll mistake freedom for slavery and miss out on a life that is truly free.
- What’s your biggest takeaway from the teaching?
- How have you traditionally understood God’s “law?” Positively? Negatively?
- Did this teaching change your perspective on God’s instructions? If so, how?
- Are you experiencing something you thought was freedom, but today you’re recognizing is actually a form of slavery that’s hindering you?
- Where are you walking too close to the fence? Where have you ventured past the fence?
- What’s one step you can take in walking out the truths of this teaching this week?
For Further Study
- Life, Slavery And The Pursuit Of Happiness – This is a sermon I did with Craig Rees on the relationship between freedom and slavery, and it takes the concept explored in this teaching further.