Episode 107 – Demolishing the High Places
Key Passage(s): 1 Kings 15:11-14
Too often, we live with divided hearts. On the one hand, our hearts are devoted to God. We want God’s best for our lives. We want God’s kingdom to come. On the other hand, we continue to allow places in our lives where evil and sin persist. This episode explores the life of King Asa and our deeply human tendency to be devoted to God without tearing down the high places in our lives. By the end of this episode, you’ll know how to identify the high places in your life and begin the process of demolishing them for good.
- What was your biggest takeaway from the teaching?
- When you think about your life, what are the areas where you can say with confidence that your heart is devoted to God?
- What’s one high place that continues to persist in your life?
- Of the three ideas that often accompany high places, which has been or is most likely to be true of your own high places: Achievement, busyness, or boredom?
- Who is someone you trust enough to ask the question, “Do you see anything in my life that God wouldn’t want there?”
- How will you begin living out the truths of this teaching this week?
For Further Study