Episode 070 – The Lord’s Prayer Pt 6: Our Daily Bread
Key Passage(s): Matthew 6:11
“Give us today our daily bread.” Sounds pretty straightforward, right? But what does it mean to ask for daily bread? How do we bring our requests before God? And what should we be asking for in the first place? These questions and more are the subject of this episode as we seek to understand what Jesus meant by the phrase, “our daily bread,” and what it means to faithfully live out this aspect of the Lord’s Prayer.
- What was your biggest takeaway from the teaching?
- How would you assess your prayer life? Where do you desire to grow?
- In what ways did this episode challenge, encourage, and/or help you as you think through your prayer life?
- N.T. Wright wrote, “The danger with the prayer for bread is that we get there too soon.” Why is it important to ground yourself in the first part of the prayer before you get to this segment?
- How were you challenged by the communal aspect of this prayer – “Give us this day our daily bread?”
- How will you begin living out the truths of this teaching this week?
For Further Study
- Teaching Series Episode 013 – Grounded In Gratitude
- The Lord and His Prayer by N.T. Wright
- LORD, Teach Us by William H. Willimon & Stanley Hauerwas
- The Divine Conspiracy by Dallas Willard – Chapter 7 deals specifically with the Lord’s Prayer
Disclosure of Material Connection. Some of the links above are affiliate links (meaning if you purchase them through the provided link, Walking The Text receives a small commission at no extra charge to you). That being said I only promote things which I thoroughly believe my audience will benefit from and that I use myself. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, part 255: “guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”