Episode 044 – Genealogy Christmas Pt 1: Son of David
Key Passage(s): Matthew 1:1-17
If you were tasked with retelling the most significant story in human history, how would you begin? Matthew had to ask the same question, and what was his answer? A genealogy. Seriously? Could there be anything more boring than that? We normally skip right over them. And yet, what Matthew does with Jesus’ genealogy is electrifying! The jaws of the first century audience would’ve been on the ground. And over the next four weeks, we’re going to explore this “Genealogy Christmas” and begin where Matthew begins – with Jesus being a “Son of David.” The implications are astounding, and I trust Christmas will take on deeper meaning for you this Advent Season!
- What was your biggest takeaway from the teaching?
- What are you specifically waiting for and/or longing for this Christmas season? Have you shared this with God? Have you invited anyone to join you in praying for this with you this month?
- Where do you feel like God is “running late?” How are you responding to this?
- In this teaching, we were reminded God doesn’t make mistakes. As you acknowledge this truth in your life, do you need to make adjustments in your perspective of your circumstances, relationships, or self?
- Where do you need to relax your plans and trust God and His timing anew this Advent season?
- How will you begin walking this out this week?
For Further Study