Episode 100 – Life in the 40
Key Passage(s): Matthew 4:1-2
The number 40 is hugely significant in the Scriptures. Noah. Moses. Israel. Elijah. Jonah. Jesus. It shows up again and again, and for good reason. The number 40 represents testing, trial, opposition, challenge, and refinement. But all the challenge and struggle are in service of the wisdom and newness that’s seeking to be born. In the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic, may we not give way to fear, anxiety, and self-preservation, but instead, embrace the hope of what life in the 40 will turn into.
- What was your biggest takeaway from the teaching?
- In the midst of the COVID-19 crisis, what has been most difficult for you?
- What do you see this season of trial and challenge evoking in others?
- What in this season of trial and challenge is giving you hope?
- What goodness, wisdom, and newness do you suspect might be birthed because of this trying time?
- How will you begin living out the truths of this teaching this week?
For Further Study