Episode 076 – Be Strong and Courageous
Key Passage(s): Joshua 1:9; John 14:27; John 16:33
Over and over again in the Bible, we hear the command, “Do not fear.” But what is this command really getting at? Is it simply that we’re never to experience fear, and if we do, we’re disobeying God in some way? Or is there more to it? Fear can be a paralyzing reality in our lives. But it can also bea gift. It all depends on how we engage it. That’s why in this episode, we explore the nature of fear, how it negatively impacts us, and how we can leverage courage to move through it to do what we know we need to do but have struggled to do so.
- What was your biggest takeaway from the teaching?
- Have you ever felt like you were going against God’s will by being afraid? How did that cause to you feel or to respond?
- How did this teaching confirm or change your understanding of fear?
- When has fear led you into a state of paralysis? What happened? And what was the final result?
- Where is fear getting the best of you right now, and what do you need to do to be strong and courageous?
- Knowing that Jesus conquered sin and death, and is with us in the power of the Holy Spirit, how does this give you renewed courage to act?
- How will you begin living out the truths of this teaching this week?
For Further Study