Episode 075 – Everyone’s Unique Path
Key Passage(s): Proverbs 22:6
Most of us have heard the proverb, “Train up a child in the way they should go, and when they are old they won’t depart from it.” It’s a great proverb about teaching kids how to walk out God’s path in life. But there’sanother level to understanding this proverb that I believe sheds light on one of the most significant principles for not only parenting our kids extremely well, but in how we love and lead our co-workers, teams, and others we’re called to serve.
- What was your biggest takeaway from the teaching?
- It was mentioned a few times that Proverbs are not promises, but are wisdom sayings around how life generally goes. Have you heard this perspective before? What do you think about it?
- How does this new understanding of this Proverb change your perception on this passage? How does it change your attitude toward parenting?
- In your position(s) of leadership, are you practicing this principle of helping everyone walk their own unique path? How could you do this better?
- How will you begin living out the truths of this teaching this week?
For Further Study
- The Wisdom Series by The Bible Project – this will help you better understand the book of Proverbs, as well as the books of Job and Ecclesiastes, and how they must be read and understood in light of one another.