Episode 018 – Build Your Central Park
Key Passage(s): Luke 5:15-16
Our lives are incredibly busy, and most of us aren’t intentional about creating space to retreat from the hustle and bustle to find rest, restoration, and rejuvenation. And yet, without such spaces, we deteriorate and lose focus on what’s important. Jesus understood this. In this teaching, we look at Jesus’ rhythm of retreat, and get really practical on how we can do the same in order to live a vibrant and properly focused life.
- What’s your biggest takeaway from the teaching?
- Where do you currently have Central Parks set up in your life? Do you visit them regularly?
- Where do you need to be more intentional about building Central Parks (in your personal life, work life, in key relationships)?
- How do you view the importance of rest and retreat?
- What gives you the most life? What do you enjoy doing that causes you to lose time? Are you finding enough time to do those things?
- Where do you need to get out the bulldozer and clear some space (hint: think through what answers you came up with from last week’s teaching, and implement those)?
- How will you begin walking out these truths in the next week?
For Further Study