Episode 085 – Parable of the Good Samaritan Pt 2: Shift The Focus
Key Passage(s): Luke 10:28-33
So often, we allow fear or inconvenience drive our response to someone who is in need. In the Parable of the Good Samaritan, we meet a priest and Levite who fail to help a man who is in great need. But a Samaritan does what they were unable or unwilling to do. The priest and Levite were more focused on the implications for themselves than they were for the implications of this man. In this episode, we unpack the stunning details of this remarkable story, and why we must shift the focus from ourselves to others in order to be the kind of neighbor Jesus is challenging us to become.
- What was your biggest takeaway from the teaching?
- How is the Holy Spirit encouraging or challenging you based on what you learned in this episode?
- Have you been reluctant to help someone in need because you did not feel responsibility for them? What did that look like?
- Where have you allowed fear and self-preservation to get in the way of helping people who are in need?
- Where has inconvenience prevented you from responding in compassion?
- Where do you need to shift the focus from yourself to others in your life?
- How will you begin living out the truths of this teaching this week?
For Further Study
Disclosure of Material Connection. Some of the links above are affiliate links (meaning if you purchase them through the provided link, Walking The Text receives a small commission at no extra charge to you). That being said I only promote things which I thoroughly believe my audience will benefit from and that I use myself. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, part 255: “guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”