Episode 111 – The Dignity of Difference Pt 2: Seek Justice
Key Passage(s): Genesis 18:19; Isaiah 9:6-7; Micah 6:8
Things are heated right now. Tensions are high. People are on edge. And justice is the battle cry of so many. “We want justice for ________!” But what is justice? How does the Bible portray it? And who is responsible for pursuing it? Welcome to the essence of this episode. Justice and Righteousness are two of the most explosive themes in the Bible, and they’re always attached at the hip. But when we fail to understand what they mean, how they relate to one another, and why they’re at the core of Jesus’s ministry, we begin to think they’re optional. For followers of Jesus, they’re not an elective; they’re core curriculum. And they’re what’s needed to heal a broken world. Watch this episode to find out why.
- What was your biggest takeaway from the teaching?
- Finish this sentence: Peace isn’t the absence of conflict, it’s the presence of_________. Explain your response.
- What are some of the ways you’re seeing the image of God dishonored or disregarded in others in our world right now?
- What do you think it looks like or means to honor the image of God in another person?
- What is your response to the question: Are you seeking justice?
- How will you begin living out the truths of this teaching this week?
For Further Study
Disclosure of Material Connection. Some of the links above are affiliate links (meaning if you purchase them through the provided link, Walking The Text receives a small commission at no extra charge to you). That being said I only promote things which I thoroughly believe my audience will benefit from and that I use myself. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, part 255: “guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”