Episode 106 – Grapes in the Desert Pt 6: Enough Is Enough
Key Passage(s): Exodus 16:19-2; Deuteronomy 8:2-5; Matthew 6:25-33
When is enough enough? The idea that we don’t have enough permeates our lives. We don’t have enough money. We don’t have enough sleep. We don’t have enough time. We’re constantly looking for ways to acquire more. But “more” rarely delivers the contentment we’re looking for. And the wilderness is the place where God strips away the faulty distractions and excess that increasingly define our lives. In the wilderness, God recalibrates our understanding of what’s essential and what’s enough so we experience the contentment we were made for.
- What was your biggest takeaway from the teaching?
- If we were to follow you around and listen in on your life what would we hear you saying you don’t have enough of?
- Think back on some of the wilderness experiences of your life. How did those experiences re-order your understanding of what was enough?
- One of the telltale signs of a scarcity mentality is that we start believing other people’s success means there’s less for us. In what ways have you experienced that in your life?
- How have you experienced God providing you with enough during the COVID-19 pandemic?
- How will you begin living out the truths of this teaching this week?
For Further Study
Disclosure of Material Connection. Some of the links above are affiliate links (meaning if you purchase them through the provided link, Walking The Text receives a small commission at no extra charge to you). That being said I only promote things which I thoroughly believe my audience will benefit from and that I use myself. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, part 255: “guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”