Episode 080 – The Power of Story
Key Passage(s): Mark 4:1-2
We’re kicking off a brand-new series on Jesus and His Parables. Nearly one-third of Jesus’s teachings are in the form of parables. Jesus knew how to tell a good story. And he leveraged the power of story because he knew it was the most effective strategy for spreading a message. When we understand the power of story, and how Jesus utilized it, we’ll not only better understand his parables, but we’ll also be convinced that we must tell more stories if we want our most significant messages to spread.
- What was your biggest takeaway from the teaching?
- Knowing more about the power of story, what did this teach you about Jesus’s intentionality when it came to teaching?
- How have you experienced the power of story in your life? How have stories shaped you?
- How do you leverage the power of story with your family, at work, with your friends, etc.?
- Where can you utilize stories more in communicating with others?
- How will you begin living out the truths of this teaching this week?
For Further Study
- Talk Like Ted by Carmine Gallo
Disclosure of Material Connection. Some of the links above are affiliate links (meaning if you purchase them through the provided link, Walking The Text receives a small commission at no extra charge to you). That being said I only promote things which I thoroughly believe my audience will benefit from and that I use myself. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, part 255: “guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”