Episode 079 – Do and Teach
Key Passage(s): Acts 1:1
How do you get people to change? It’s a simple, yet profound question. What if I told you that the way we typically think people change isn’t the way they change at all – that we’ve got it all backwards? The good news is that Jesus didn’t. He knew exactly howpeople change, and employed an approach that maximized this. And when you understand what he did and why he did it, the way you approach change in your life and in the lives of others will definitely change. Enjoy!
- What was your biggest takeaway from the teaching?
- Had you ever noticed the word order in Acts 1:1 about the “do and teach?”
- When seeking change in your life or in others, where have you focused so much on the rider that you’ve neglected the elephant?
- What’s once experience you could create in order to seek the desired change (again, whether in you or in those you lead or influence)?
- How will you begin living out the truths of this teaching this week?
For Further Study
- Switch by Chip and Dan Heath
Disclosure of Material Connection. Some of the links above are affiliate links (meaning if you purchase them through the provided link, Walking The Text receives a small commission at no extra charge to you). That being said I only promote things which I thoroughly believe my audience will benefit from and that I use myself. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, part 255: “guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”