Episode 074 – Weight Distribution
Key Passage(s): Genesis 2:18; Galatians 6:2
We often carry our burdens alone. Maybe we don’t want others to know what we’re going through. Maybe we don’t want to burden anyone with our burdens. Whatever the reasons may be, we don’t distribute them verywell. And when we do this, the weight of carrying our burdens alone becomes an endeavor that leaves us weary and discouraged, with very little hope that anything will change. We cannot carry them alone. Indeed, we weren’t designed to.
- What was your biggest takeaway from the teaching?
- Which way is the triangle pointing in your life?
- If it’s pointing down, with all of the weight on you, why is that? Do you struggle to share your burdens with others?
- When it comes to your worries, anxieties, struggles, or burdens, do you find yourself dealing with them in any of the unhealthy ways discussed in the teaching – denying, downplaying, or drowning them out?
- If you struggle to distribute the weight, what do you feel you need to do? How can you invite God and others (the right people) to help you distribute the weight?
- How will you begin living out the truths of this teaching this week?
For Further Study