Episode 065 – The Lord’s Prayer Pt 1: Daily, Boldly, Collaboratively
Key Passage(s): Matthew 6:9-13; Luke 11:1-2; 1 Chronicles 29:10-11
The Lord’s Prayer is the most well-known and well-loved prayer in history. But how well do we know the Lord’s Prayer? Sure, most of us can recite it off the top of our heads (and probably in the King James with its “thy’s” and “art’s”), but do we reallyunderstand what Jesus was saying and teaching us when he gave this prayer? I know I sure didn’t. But when I began to understand this prayer in context, I was awestruck by how deep and significant it was. And it compelled me to pray more intentionally, live more faithfully, and love Jesus more fully. My hope is that this series will help you do the same.
- What was your biggest takeaway from the teaching?
- What has been your history with the Lord’s Prayer? Did you grow up saying it?
- Prior to this teaching, what have been your thoughts on the Lord’s Prayer?
- Which aspect of the prayer are you most excited to learn more about?
- Do you find prayer challenging? How so?
- With the suggestion for praying this prayer daily, boldly, and collaboratively, how will engage the prayer differently going forward?
- Are there any other truths from this teaching that you want to begin living out this week?
For Further Study
Disclosure of Material Connection. Some of the links above are affiliate links (meaning if you purchase them through the provided link, Walking The Text receives a small commission at no extra charge to you). That being said I only promote things which I thoroughly believe my audience will benefit from and that I use myself. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, part 255: “guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”