Episode 063 – Bread of Life Pt 7: Firstfruits of the Resurrection
Key Passage(s): John 12:23-24; 1 Corinthians 15:20-23; 1 Peter 1:18-19
In this episode, we’re celebrating the Resurrection, and we’re going all out! God raised Jesus from the dead on a Sunday. But it wasn’t just any Sunday. It was a Sunday where people were celebrating a significant festival in conjunction with Passover and Unleavened Bread. And the implications of why Jesus rose on this Sunday will astound you, as there is another whole other level of meaning that God was communicating through the resurrection and its timing. Buckle up, Friends, because what God did will leave you speechless, grateful, and exceedingly hopeful!
- What was your biggest takeaway from the teaching?
- How did this teaching bring more significance and understanding to the resurrection for you?
- In the midst of the resurrection plan, there was a Sabbath. Aside from the Sabbath’s connection to the Festival of Firstfruits, what significance can we draw from the fact there was a Sabbath in the middle of the story?
- God raised Jesus through the power of the Holy Spirit. We learned that those who are in Christ Jesus share the same fate (i.e. will be resurrected to new life and have access to the same Spirit who raised him from the dead now). How does this change how you live now? Where do you need the power of the resurrection in your life?
- Now knowing the intricacy and timing of God’s plan for the events surrounding Jesus’s death and resurrection, how does this change your perspective on God’s ability to guide the events of your life?
- How can you begin living out the truths of this teaching this week?
For Further Study
Disclosure of Material Connection. Some of the links above are affiliate links (meaning if you purchase them through the provided link, Walking The Text receives a small commission at no extra charge to you). That being said I only promote things which I thoroughly believe my audience will benefit from and that I use myself. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, part 255: “guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”