Episode 061 – Bread of Life Pt 5: Grumble or Eat
Key Passage(s): John 6:25-43
What happens when our expectations and our realities do not align? How do we respond when there’s a gap between what we hoped God would do and doesn’t? Answering that is the essence of this episode as we explore Jesus’ bold proclamation in John 6 that he is the “bread of life” and that he desires to provide for us in the midst of our circumstances, especially when there is a gap between our expectations and realities.
- What was your biggest takeaway from the teaching?
- Where are you experiencing a gap between your expectation and reality?
- Are there any areas in your life where you are grumbling, and you need to resort to gratitude?
- Is there any area in your life where the answer is to grieve appropriately, rather than denying it and resorting to grumbling?
- In what ways may Jesus be reaching out to you with bread in the midst of the season?
- The people wanted Jesus on their terms, not his. Where are we making demands of Jesus that are seeking to align him to our agenda, rather than orienting ourselves to his?
- We are do you need to hold onto the hope that whether our situations happen the way we hope, Jesus has conquered the grave and has the final say?
- Where could you be a source of bread for someone who is struggling right now?
- How can you begin living out the truths of this teaching this week?
For Further Study