Episode 057 – Bread of Life Pt 1: Source of Sustenance
Key Passage(s): Deuteronomy 8:3; Isaiah 55:1-3; John 6:35
The season of Lent is upon us! We are on a journey towards Resurrection Sunday, and it is a season that will fly by if we’re not intentional about how we’re going to engage it. In John 6:35, Jesus called himself the “Bread of Life.” In this teaching, we explore the imagery of bread, its significance in the Bible, and how it can be a grounding image for us in this season. Furthermore, it challenges on who or what is the source of our sustenance in the world. May this be a rich season for you, and may we all draw closer to the “Bread of Life” in it.
- What was your biggest takeaway from the teaching?
- Where do you turn to for your source of sustenance? And go deeper here. To whom or to what do you truly lean on when things are tough?
- How can you draw closer to Jesus in this Lenton season?
- What practices or rhythms can you engage in that would enable you to take full advantage of this season?
- Fasting can be challenging without accountability. If you choose to fast in some way, how can you invite someone into this with you (either to join you, pray for you, and/or hold you accountable)?
- Where do we need to hear from Jesus anew? How can you invite someone into the process of praying with you or for you for what you need this season?
- What is one step you can take in living out the truths of this teaching this week?
For Further Study