Episode 051 – The Sabbath Pt 3: Do You Have Rhythm
Key Passage(s): Exodus 20:8-11
We are not beasts of burden. We were not designed to go, go, go. And yet for most of us, we struggle to slow down. Our lives are constant noise, and we’re so drowned out in our schedules that we fail to see the insanity for what it is. Sabbath teaches us that there’s a rhythm and a cadence to life. It slows us down and emphatically reminds us that in order to be healthy, we must prioritize rest. Rest is not a reward. It’s a necessity. But even more than that, it’s the engine that’s intended to power our lives.
- What was your biggest takeaway from the teaching?
- Has there been a time where you kept pushing on when you should have rested? What was the outcome? How could it have been different?
- Pause and consider the beat that is driving your life right now. Is it just frantic noise, or does it have soul?
- What is keeping you from taking these regular pauses in your life?
- Had you ever considered that Adam and Eve’s first full day was a day of rest? How does the idea that we work from our rest change your perspective, if at all?
- What is one step you will take this week to embrace God’s rhythm of life?
For Further Study
Disclosure of Material Connection. Some of the links above are affiliate links (meaning if you purchase them through the provided link, Walking The Text receives a small commission at no extra charge to you). That being said I only promote things which I thoroughly believe my audience will benefit from and that I use myself. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, part 255: “guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”