Episode 050 – The Sabbath Pt 2: In Whom Do You Trust
Key Passage(s): Exodus 16:20-26; Exodus 20:8-11
Every day we make decisions, and those decisions are based on trust – trust in ourselves, trust in others, and trust in God. But what happens when our trust is misplaced?What happens when the trust we place in ourselves is actually supposed to be in God? For one, it will prevent us from taking a Sabbath because we’ll believe that if we take a break, our needs won’t be met – financially or otherwise. And yet, this was precisely what God sought to address with the Israelites when we instituted the Sabbath following their slavery in Egypt. And God pressed them, and by association, us, with the question, “In whom do you really trust?”
- What was your biggest takeaway from the teaching?
- How have you traditionally viewed Sabbath? Is it something that’s been part of your life at any point?
- If Sabbath hasn’t been part of your life, what will hold you back from engaging it?
- Does the way you conduct your work convey that you trust yourself, or God? Why?
- “Unless we trust God’s sovereignty, we won’t dare risk Sabbath.” Do you believe this is true? Are you experiencing the ability to relax, or the pull to worry in your life when it comes to your work?
- What is one thing you will do this week to trust God anew in what He’s asking you to do?
For Further Study
Disclosure of Material Connection. Some of the links above are affiliate links (meaning if you purchase them through the provided link, Walking The Text receives a small commission at no extra charge to you). That being said I only promote things which I thoroughly believe my audience will benefit from and that I use myself. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, part 255: “guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”